This little invention is just wonderful! If you don't have one, I highly recommend you invest in one. I have had the slicer for a long time and love using it every time I have the urge to eat a yummy apple. (I recommend trying Pink Lady or Fuji apples if you haven't - very good, sweet & crunchy!) Well... last night I was doing my "wifely duties" and emptying the dishwasher and grabbed a bunch of the cooking utensils at once to put away, (This is where the SOOOOOOOO DANGEROUS part of the story comes in.) my poor little pointer finger didn't know what was coming for it. When I grabbed all the utensils my finger went up underneath the apple slicer and SLICED a CHUNK out of my finger!!! OOOOUUUUUUUUUUCH! I knew that the slicer was sharp but wow... didn't know that it was that sharp! I learned the hard way for sure. Well I went through a lot of tissue last night before I could finally find the neosporin and band aids. The little sucker wouldn't stop bleeding! I have to double up on the band aids because it bleeds through the first and almost goes through the second. Eeew I know.
Just thought that I would recommend this wonderful and handy yet sooo dangerous apple slicer.












9 comments:
I love those things...great reminder of a great product!
OUCH! I love those things too but that is always my fear is that I will cut myself with it.
I feel your pain! I have one of these and have done the exact same thing before. I still love using it though...it's the only way to go when it comes to slicing apples.
Ouch! The apple slicer sounded so good until it got bloody - I'm very clumsy with sharp kitchen utensils so I'm glad I never saw one here in Austria ;-)
Oh I hate little finger cuts like that that don't quit bleeding. I get them all the time from cutting hair. I love those apple slicers, so handy!
Be careful crazy... Man, you're rough on your filangies! hahahaha Talk to you later~
First off, you MUST read "The Host"! It is AMAZING!!!! I cant put it down :) Second, we are in California :) email me your number to wattybutt@hotmail.com and I will see what I can do to meet up! I would love to see ya!
Jenn, I hope your phone line is up and working. E-mail me your number and I'll try to get a hold of you this weekend. I'm so looking forward to some chat and giggling on the phone! ;-)Eve
Post a Comment