Welcome To Our World!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Update

Happy 1st Birthday James, It's a..... GIRL, Christmas and New Year's....

Well this past year has absolutely flown by so fast it is just crazy! I can't believe that our little baby boy is 1 years old now! (15 months old today) He is the light of our life and makes life very fun, busy and also tiresome. He is a very very on the go busy little boy. He is not one for snuggling and watching a show with you for too long because he has "things to do and places to go". hahaa! Even though he is so busy and active, he is the sweetest and happiest little guy. He will melt your heart and come and give you a hug/snuggle or a fabulous "open mouth slobbery" kiss. We love him so very much! He turned one on October 10th. That's right, we were lucky and had our baby boy on 10/10/10! So many people were hoping and trying for that day and I was scheduled for a c-section that afternoon and my water ended up breaking that morning at around 5 am. I guess that little baby James wanted to come on his own terms and also wanted that cool birthday as well.

Ben and I had a fun birthday party for James and the theme was race cars and monster trucks. What boy wouldn't love that theme? I know I had a blast putting it all together. It was a lot of work but so worth it.

On James' birthday we went to my dr. to find out the sex of our upcoming 2nd baby. I thought of a cute idea to have a cake made and have the inside tinted either pink or blue. So we decided to do this. We went into the ultrasound room and the nurse got started taking all of the measurements etc of our baby. She then said "ok... if you really don't want to know the sex of the baby yet, look away cause I'm going down in that area. Ben and I of course couldn't look away and were glued to the screen. We both didn't see anything there so I was thinking A GIRL!! But then I thought you never know, I may have no clue what the heck I'm looking at. Ben of course was trying to trip up the nurse the whole time to see if she'd slip and say he or she when referring to the baby. It was funny! The nurse was awesome though, she kept a straight face the whole time. I even kept peeking at her to see if she'd smile or do something to give it away and I got nothing from her.... After my appointment we came home to lay James down for a nap. Waiting those 2 hours for him to wake up so we could take the little piece of paper to Caketini and have them make a cake for us was pure torture!! Of course, Ben kept bringing me the envelope with the picture and "boy or girl" written on it was icing on the cake. We finally brought it to the bakery and gave them the piece of paper. Then the real patience of waiting test was on for us. We decided to wait to have the cake be ready and we'd do the big cutting reveal at James' first birthday party that Saturday the 15th so all of our family and friends could enjoy the surprise as well. As I'm sure all of you already know, we cut into that cake and it was PINK! We were both so excited! I of course shot out a bunch of tears, cause that's what I do. haha! I can't wait to have my little baby girl here to join our family!

Christmas this year was lots of fun! Santa went a little over board for James this year. Oh well, it was fun, even though Ben and I had to seriously almost force James to sit down and open all of his gifts. Next year he'll be more into ripping open those gifts. We had lots of fun with both our families this holiday. We had a fun New Year's Eve party at our house this year. This is the 3rd year we've done it since we've moved home. It was a blast and I think everyone had fun. Of course there was lots and lots of food... I also couldn't believe what a rockstar James was and how he slept through all of the super loud kids, laughter, fireworks, games and activities going on. Ben and I were amazed! We are both so very lucky and blessed to have such great families and friends.

I can't believe that in 8-9 weeks our baby girl will be here!! How time flies so much faster the second time around. That's what we've been up to lately...

No comments:

Happy 5 year Anniversary!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones