Welcome To Our World!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catch up and introducing....James Benjamin

As you all know we have a new addition to our family. James Benjamin. Here is a catch up and how he came into our lives. I went in for my 39 week doctor visit and ultrasound on Friday October 8, 2010. The ultrasound technician got started and pulled up pictures of my sweet baby boy. She was getting his measurements and I asked her how big he was after she was done measuring. We knew he was going to be a big boy because he was measuring at 8 lbs at the last ultrasound. She told me that he was measuring at 9 lbs 4 oz then she said "Wait, no... 10 lbs 3 oz!!" I about died knowing I had a week left until my due date. After they saw how BIG he was and how much fluid I had, my doctor was a little concerned and sent me to a special OB/high risk doctor's office. That office did an ultrasound and they said he was measuring at 10 lbs and there was no other worries or health issues just that he was a BIG baby boy. However, they wanted to schedule a rush c-section for me that weekend. Ben and I were very excited about this because we had been hoping and asking the doctors to do a c-section for me on 10-10. Our doctor pulled some strings and scheduled us for Sunday 10-10-10 at 1:00 pm. We watched some football, went to a movie and dinner and relaxed on Saturday the 9th together. It was such a weird/exciting/scary feeling knowing that we were going to be parents the next afternoon! As usual, I woke up early on Sunday morning to make one of my nightly "pit stops" to the restroom. I went to the restroom and the timing couldn't have been more perfect because my water broke while I was on the toilet!!! I called to Ben from the restroom "Ummm.... honey... we need to go, my water just broke!" So much for my scheduled c-section and having my make up and hair all done. hahaa. I guess our little James wanted to come on the 10th too but on his own terms. hahaa The Our precious baby boy was born on 10-10-10 at 8:19 am. He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz. and was 21 inches. We have had our little baby boy in our lives for 5 weeks today. I can't believe how fast time has gone. We both are doing well, trying to get sleep when we can and enjoying our new little man.

P.S. Thanks honey for the SWEET fancy camera that you bought for us right before James was born!! It is so great having this camera so we can catch all of the memories of our new little family. (check out all of the new pictures with our new camera on the side of our blog)

2 comments:

Kendra said...

YEAH!! He is so cute. Glad everything went well and enjoy him being so little and quiet, it will soon not be so!

ilm3ib said...

I can't wait to have little James for the weekend! I'm the luckiest Aunt in the world!!!

Happy 5 year Anniversary!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones