Welcome To Our World!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Car Accident...

Last Saturday the 19th, I got into a pretty bad car accident. But before you start to panic or worry, both the baby and I are thankfully ok. I have never been in an accident so being in one at 6 months was insane scary for me! I was on my way home from babysitting my brother's little baby boy and picking up some lunch for Ben and I. I was waiting in the intersection waiting to turn left (north) and my light turned red so I then started to turn to get out of the intersection and out of no where I saw a silver car running the red light coming at me like a freight train when I was almost through the intersection! I tried so hard to floor it out of there and get out of her way! Unfortunately I didn't make it... She slammed straight into my rear passenger door/passenger side wheel base. This impact therefore spun me 180+ degrees. All of my side curtain airbags in the Yukon deployed upon impact. I ended up in the turn lane facing south. Thankfully no one was in that lane or my truck would have hit them. The steering wheel and dash airbags didn't deploy which is probably good because they could have hit me in the face or belly. I was also thankfully wearing my seat belt so that kept me in place and stopped me from hitting anything. After I stopped spinning I found my cell phone on the floor and called Ben. Poor guy, I know I gave him a heart attack when I called him bawling that I was just in an accident. Thankfully he was at home and in town!! He was there by my side within a few minutes not only because I know he was speeding to get there but because the accident happened only about a mile away from home. The girl who hit me was pregnant also. We found out that she and her baby are thankfully ok as well. I walked away from my truck fine with no cuts or serious injuries just a small bruise on my left arm from my seat belt. Ben and I both were concerned for the baby and wanted to make sure he was ok and didn't suffer and injuries so they had me ride in the ambulance to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and few tests and he was just fine. :o) What a relief that was hearing that and seeing him move around like crazy during the ultrasound. We are now just waiting to hear what they say about my poor Yukon if they can fix it, or if it is totaled...

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh my gosh...Scary! I'm so glad you and baby are ok!!

Me and my boys said...

Wow Jenn, how scary, I am so glad you are both okay.
We need to do lunch sometime!!!

karen said...

That is so scary! I am SO glad you are both ok!!

Nikki said...

My parents told me about the wreak and we were so excited to hear that you and your baby boy were fine. So Scary!!! Thankfully Yukons can be replaced:) Enjoy this fun time of life:)

Happy 5 year Anniversary!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones